Sunday, April 17, 2011

The year that was/wasn't

Hi everybody/anybody... This blog was dead or atleast i thought so. The prime reason being my laziness. Well, if you don't know me, i'm one of the laziest guys around but smart enough to conceal my laziness in a flurry of seemingly-busy activities. Lets give it a rest and come to the topic. A year ago, exactly on this day, i had my hour of glory. I was in the limelight for all good reasons. I got my first ever Gold Medal for the Best Outgoing Student of my college. I was on Cloud 999 then. It was a moment of joy that'll stay with me forever. But back then, i did not foresee what lay ahead. A year on, it has been a sort of very eventful 365 days gone by. A lot of happiness, moments of despair, grief, elation, frustration, a lot of experiences, a lot of new people, new place, new surroundings, new food, altogether a new life. I'll summarize the most important events and my experiences over the past year.

First and foremost, i lost my dear grandpa. It was to him and my grandma that i first broke the news of my achievement 365 days back. I still remember how happy he was when i showed him the medal. Sigh :'( Life goes on.

Jharsuguda, Orissa and VAL: A year back, i would have never imagined that i'll be posting a blog sitting in a posh office room in a remote town called Jharsuguda in Orissa, a year on. But thats the way it is and have to admit that i have no regrets. Well there have been a lot of disappointments, a lot of sacrifices, but i have learnt to live with them. There have been happy moments too and not to forget the wonderful people around me both at work and at hostel. And did i forget, i get paid well too :-)

Hindi: This is a language that i've been intrigued by since my school days. I always wanted to speak fluently in Hindi but did not manage while i was back home. Coming here, i was provided with the ideal platform to enhance my Hindi speaking skills. And i've done a pretty good job of it, i should say. From "Mujhe thoda thoda Hindi maaloom hain" to "Hindi maaloom hain. Yaha aane ke bath seekha", i've come a long way.

Money: A very important tool that influenced my year. I loved it, i loathed it , i despised it, i spent it, i earned it , i saved it, etc. etc. etc. I also learnt that in work, there are people who work for their pay while there are those who are paid to work. Don't ask me which category i belong to. I already told you that i'm a lazy guy :-)

People: Like i mentioned before, i came across a lot of new people in the past year. Some of them were wonderful, some were good, some were not-so-good and some were terrible. But each one of them had something or the other to teach me and i learnt from them.

I'm feeling too lazy to write more. So lets end it. The idea of this post was to revive this blog and reminisce what i had done for the past 365 days. Hope i've done justice. Hopefully, i'll keep writing - something better, not a drag like this one. Bye then :-) Good luck :-)

6 comments:

CriA'TVT' said...

Learning never stops.
And that goes to your writing as well.
Welcome back!

CriA'TVT' said...

Learning never stops.
And so should your writing.
Welcome back!

Abhishek Ramanarayanan said...

Nice to go through....Keep writing...You are good at it... :)Best Wishes for your life @ Orissa.

Mrs. Vijayalakshmi said...

Hi...nice to go through your blog...keep writing...you are good at it.. :) and...best wishes for your life @ Orissa... :)

Ruchies said...

Dear Ashwin,
As your name states you were born to win man, so dont get bogged down by these small obstructions on your road to success.

And I would like to make a small correction in your blog i.e.,You are or were not lazy but made lazy by this stupid company which doesn't know to properly utilize its highly qualified workforce.


Money may have brought us many things but it took us away from our beloveds so no comments on what so ever it has done so far.

I have always believed that in life we meet people for some reason. Some change the way we see and think of the world but some make our life worse. So its good for us to take the positives and leave behind the negatives.

With wishes from your late grandpa, all that we can hope is for a better future.Till that lets enjoy and master the art of living in hell.

Regards,
Ruchies.A

Ashmur said...

@Aasif, Abhi and Viji Akka: Thanks a lot :-)

@Ruchies: Thanks a lot da :-) All i can say is that you're one of the wonderful people mentioned in this post who have made my life better over the past year. Thanks again da :-)